Wednesday, October 28, 2009

The Crock Pot Chronicles: Slap Ya Mama Pot Roast and Maque Choux

I love Maque Choux with shredded pork, but this week pot roast was on sale. So, beef is what's for dinner tonight!

I've been experimenting with the slow cooker enough now to be able to create my own one pot meals. This one turned out so good that we fought over the leftovers.

Ingredients:
2 lbs (1.5-2.5 range) beef chuck roast
1-2 Tbsp cajun seasoning
10 oz. frozen whole kernel corn
1 large green bell pepper, chopped
1 medium white or yellow onion, chopped
1 tsp sugar
1-2 tsp hot pepper sauce
1/4 tsp black pepper
1 14.5 oz. can diced tomatoes, undrained



1. Trim fat from the roast. Sprinkle Cajun seasoning evenly over all sides of the meat. Make sure to press it in. Place in a slow cooker that is at least 4 quarts.
2. Add corn, bell pepper, onion, sugar, hot sauce, and black pepper. Pour tomatoes over this mixture and cover.
3. Cook on low for 8-10 hours (for high heat, half the time).

We have been buying Abita's seasonal Pecan beer, and I must say it is absolutely wonderful. Maybe the beer fairy will see this and send me some! A girl can dream.

Grab your Abita and serve beef over maque choux (dish up the corn mixture with a slotted spoon to discard excess liquid).



YUMMY!

2 comments:

  1. Way too easy to be so good!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just love crock pot recipes!Im adding this in my list to make! Love it!I came across your site from the foodieblogroll and I'd love to guide our readers to your site if you won't mind.Just add your choice of foodista widget to this post and it's all set, Thanks!

    ReplyDelete